Saturday, October 24, 2009

LadyBug Runs in the Rain

I am training for a 10K!  For someone who has trouble running (or flying!) a mile, this is a big step for me.  In just over  6 weeks, I will be running 6.2 miles in Central Park, hopefully without passing out.

I am running with Team in Training for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. More than 823,000 Americans are battling these blood cancers.   I am hoping that my participation in Team In Training will help bring them hope and support.

This morning I met my trainers, coaches, mentors and fellow new runners.  It was so inspiring to see the entire park preparing for the NYC marathon next month.  We were all out despite the rain, and got to enjoy the beautiful foliage.  Us ladybugs love to run in the leaves.  Especially the crunchy ones!

Check out my site for information and how to donate!  Help me cross that finish line, it'll be a tough one but with your support I know I can make it.  Check my progress and donate here!

Now, how to get these practices NOT so early in the morning is another battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment